Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Belated Question of the Week

I feel like such a slacker. I swore to myself that I would keep up my weekly questions and post them every Monday and I remembered at exactly 10:30 last night that I needed to post one. Obviously that did not happen as I was way too lazy and comfy in bed to move over and drag my laptop up into bed with me. So here is my belated question:
My son is 2 1/2 and has been going thru the "terrible twos" for approximately 2 years and 5 months. Ok, I'm exaggerating but it does seem like that. Anyway, this week has been particularly trying with the hitting phase he is into now and I'm trying not to lose my temper when I get smacked one in the face, but rather just walk away from the situation if I feel the blood pressure rising. Of course there are times when my temper takes over and I yell at him. How many of you let your temper get the better of you? What do you do? Walk away, yell, punish the pillow? I swear I look back at his newborn and 1 month pictures and wonder ... where did my sweet child go?

2 comments:

Porsche said...

My son was a biter at that age. It was only me that he bit too. I'm not really the one to give parenting advice because i run a madhouse but I will tell you that it really doesn't last long. Soon you will be looking back and saying "remember when he used to...."

I would say if you are getting that frustrated, i think it is a good idea to start little timeouts if you haven't yet.

I used to yell a lot and now I wish I would have started timeouts earlier. They really do help if you stick to your guns.

Amanda said...

I do the time out in the corner thing and it usually works but sometimes I just get so frustrated. Luckily, my son only bites my husband and me for now. The hitting part is driving me insane though.