Sunday, November 18, 2007

I'm Flipping the Bird!

Nope not that bird - my Thanksgiving turkey! It really just hit me tonight that Thanksgiving is this Thursday and I need to figure out how I'm going to cook my bird. I know the basics; wash it, remove the stuff inside, throw it in a pan and stick it in the oven; but I needed a recipe of what to add to the bird itself. So I did some searching and came across this site:
Mom's Roast Turkey
The basics of it are, stuff your bird with some veggies and roast the sucker breast side down. Apparently doing it this way makes for a very moist turkey with some bonus rack marks on the boob. So it's not as pretty when it comes out but it also won't be as dry. I've always roasted my birdies boob side up but I think I'm going to try the flip side this year. I'll let you know how it turns out. If anyone else decides to try it let me know how it goes!

No comments: