Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Finally an Update

So I got a little slack on the updating on my wisdom teeth surgery and I have 3 days to catch up on. I left off on the day after surgery, Saturday, and things got bad that night. I didn't eat very much because my appetite was lacking, plus my mouth was killing me. I took 2 advil plus a whole painkiller and went to bed around 10. I woke up at 3 am with the room spinning and the nausea threatening. So I ran to the bathroom and barely made it to the sink. I spent the next 3 hours vomiting everything up in my stomach (which wasn't much) and then some. So I think that set me back as far as recovery went about a day. I woke up the next morning feeling like death and laid around all day. Needless to say, I have not taken any more of those pain pills and have been relying on advil for the pain. It dulls the pain but does not get rid of it entirely. So Sunday was pretty uneventful, I was still really swollen and everything felt raw and tender. I wanted to eat everything in sight but I just couldn't because it hurt to bad. So I was still eating mashed potatoes, pudding, smoothies, blah blah. Monday I woke up feeling a tiny better; the swelling was slowly diminishing. I ate my first "real" meal that night and my mouth got really sore afterwards. Now I am on Tuesday and the swelling is almost completely gone but I am still really sore. The advil is helping much more now but I am still having to take it every 4 hours. I think I can finally see a light at the end of this tunnel though, thankfully. I have my follow-up Thursday and I think by this weekend I will almost be 100%. I am so glad to have this behind me - I would not want to go through this again!!!

No comments: